Caprylic Acid Isolation of mAb

Andrei Popov andrei.popov at bbsrc.ac.uk
Sun Aug 18 08:49:57 EST 1996

F. Morgan Wallace wrote:

> I am wondering if anyone has successfully used a caprylic acid based procedure
> to isolate monoclonals. It seems like it would be easier and cheaper than
> affinity chromatography. Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Morgan Wallace
> fmorgan at nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu

Hello Morgan,

this method is quite old and does not offer you any advantages over
other precipitation techniques ((NH4)2SO4, Rivanol, etc....). If you do not need high
purity why not to use more traditional ammonium sulfate, which is very convinient
for storage of precipitated ABs  at  4C.

regards

Andrei