CYTOKINE secretion - assay or PCR?

alena at alena at
Mon Feb 5 16:21:07 EST 1996

I am kind of new in the field of immunology and have more experience in
cloning. Part of my new project aims the quantitation of cytokine production
by T cells. I was wondering what the easiest way is to do this. Is
Quantitative PCR the best and reliable way to do this? Or does this type of
PCR take a lot of time to optimize or is it just not possible to do? Or can
one best do cytokine assays (like the CTLL-2 assay for IL-2 determination?

Everyone who has experience in this area could really be of help to me! So
please respond, thanks in advance!

Anne Lenaerts (belgium)
Department of Biochemistry
Laboratory of Immunology