Oxidative Stress

T Ichim TEICHIM at AHS.watstar.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Feb 21 21:07:23 EST 1996

I am wondering if anybody has checked what influence exogenous oxidative
stress e.g. H2O2 plays on the sphingomyelinase pathway of signal
transduction.  The reason why I ask this is because I think I remember
reading a long time ago that oxidative stresses tend to upregulate
phospholipase A2 activity and it has recently been shown that
phospholipase A2 is activated by agents which utilize the ceramide
transduction pathway such as IL-1 and TNF-alpha.