Help: Growing Human T4 Helper Cells

Russ Hargreaves rhargrea at uk.ac.rpms
Mon Jan 8 06:57:54 EST 1996

Dear Matthew,
I'm not sure from your letter whether or not you
already have your CD4 T cell clones or whether
you need info on how to generate them. Either
way, the subject is rather like gardening  and
everybody has their own methods.  You will need
to get hold of some Human AB serum (from a local
Blood Bank) to start with. You will also need
very clean Mycoplasma free culture equipment
(pref. only used for T cell culture). We
generally stimulate T cells weekly but this
depends on the specificity of the cells you wish
to grow. Please contact me with more specific
details of what you intend to do and I'm sure I
can help.
Cheers Russ