Substances to boost the immune system

Betty Bridges bcb56 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jan 10 23:30:02 EST 1996

There seems to be an increase in the claims of vitamins, minerals,
herbs, and other "natural" substances to boost the immune system.  I am
interested in finding studies that supports those claims.  But not
interested in any sales information from those selling such products.

I have found that eating a garlic clove every other day greatly
decreases my asthmatic response to perfumes.  Have no idea how or why
it helps, but it does.  Deodorized garlic tablets had no effect, while
the real stuff did.

I am very interested in seeing scientific information on garlic and
other "remedies".

Thank you
Betty Bridges