flesh-eating strep/anti-inflammatory drugs

Robert Horton horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Fri Jan 12 12:50:06 EST 1996

John Cherwonogrodzky (jcherwon at dres.dnd.ca) wrote:
: Dear Colleagues:
:      I've misplaced these email notes. At the end of last year there were
: postings that part of the problem with the flesh-eating streptococcus was that
: patients would come in complaining of sore muscles or joints, the physician
: would prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs that would suppress the natural
: immunity, and then the infection would have a free range to spread like
: wild-fire.
:       Are there any references, publications, etc. on this? If not, is there
: anyone out there I can give the credit under "personal communications".

The bionet groups are archived at
	gopher://gopher.bio.net
where they can be searched by WAIS. They are also on the web at
	http://www.bio.net
but the search function there wasn't up yet, last I checked...

-Bob

---
Robert M. Horton
http://134.84.47.3                        Have a :) day