flesh-eating strep/anti-inflammatory drugs

Robert Horton horton at biosci.cbs.umn.edu
Fri Jan 12 12:50:06 EST 1996

John Cherwonogrodzky (jcherwon at dres.dnd.ca) wrote:
: Dear Colleagues:
:      I've misplaced these email notes. At the end of last year there were
: postings that part of the problem with the flesh-eating streptococcus was that
: patients would come in complaining of sore muscles or joints, the physician
: would prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs that would suppress the natural
: immunity, and then the infection would have a free range to spread like
: wild-fire.
:       Are there any references, publications, etc. on this? If not, is there
: anyone out there I can give the credit under "personal communications".

The bionet groups are archived at
where they can be searched by WAIS. They are also on the web at
but the search function there wasn't up yet, last I checked...

Robert M. Horton                        Have a :) day