Did Vaccines...TIME OUT PLEASE.

McFarlane, Rob G MCFARLAN at WHIO.LINCOLN.AC.NZ
Sun Jan 14 17:21:06 EST 1996

Dear fellow immunologists and others:
    I have enjoyed participating in the above topic but now am
concerned as to its direction, or lack of. Unfortunately, what had
started out as a refreshingly interesting subject of global interest
has now degenerated into emotional mudslinging from recalcitrant
participants unwilling to change their spectacles (masks) to attempt
to understand alternatives. Without wishing to adopt a patronizing air
I suggest we defuse this topic by shelving it for awhile until e.g.
the antivaccination league can bring specific concerns, not emotional
diatribe, to the network that can be effectively debated, and
conversely the kneejerk reflexes of defensive and beleagured
scientists can be halted long enough to allow us to discuss current
deficiencies of vaccine formulation and delivery.
    You may say the easy option for me is to globally delete all these
messages. The reason I am voicing this opinion is because I suspect
there are other similiar frustratees out there.

Robin.

    Robin McFarlane,
    Principal Research Officer,
    Animal and Veterinary Science Group,
    Lincoln University,
    NEW ZEALAND.
    Phone: 64-03-3252811 (ext 8176), Fax: 64-03-3253851
    e mail:mcfarlan at lincoln.ac.nz