Highly developed Central African Countries

Joao Vasconcelos Costa jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt
Tue Jan 16 02:49:41 EST 1996

Judith A. Linn wrote:

> In <30FA1417.7101 at pen.gulbenkian.pt> Joao Vasconcelos Costa
> <jcosta at pen.gulbenkian.pt> writes:
>
> >This is incredible! AIDS begining in Africa and Ebola outbreaks
> >were due to the modern, intensive health care in the highly
> >developed central African countries!
> >I don't think peolple should be experts to engage themselfs in
> >this kind of discussion, but they surely be intelectually honest.
> >

> Then you had best look at what you mean by  "highly developed central
> African countries!!!!!
>
> One of the biggest problems in Zaire is that it is not highly
> developed. And apparently the country is almost bankrupt.

I am sorry for having caused this confusion. I thought that "highly
developed" would be obviously understood as ironic, like all the
sentence: modern, intensive health care...
Maybe these matters should not be treated in an ironic way, but I
can't have a serious discussion with these fanatic
antivaccinationist.

Dr. JOAO V. COSTA                        mailto:jcosta at gulbenkian.pt
Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciencia     Apartado 14, P-2781 Oeiras Codex
PORTUGAL                 phone: +351(1)4435750   fax: +351(1)4435625