Does smoking shorten the life?

Shoichi Kaisaki KAISAKI-1SU at h.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Jan 20 21:48:35 EST 1996

This subject may not be suitable for this group. But I think it is
important for anyone on the earth.

Does anyone know the reference which concluded that smoking shortens the
life. I know that there are many reports showing the association between
smoking and ischemic heart disease or malignant diseases.  But I think the
effects of smoking on human body is not restricted to bad ones.  It may
have some good effects on some types of people. So I want to know whether
there are any decisive reports that compared the survival between smoker
and non-smoker prospectively.

Thanks in advance.

S.Kaisaki
Department of Surgery,