Thalidomide

M. Doherty M_Doherty at NIH.gov
Tue Jan 23 18:04:01 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,

No, not another chain of scare messages!  I am working on a project
involving activation of HIV in transgenic mice.  We have shown that
infection by a number of different organisms induces virus transcription
and that NF-KB appears to be essential.  Since thalidomide has been shown
to downregulate TNF-a production (another factor dependant on NF-KB), we
would like to look at thalidomide in this system.

Can anyone tell me where we might be able to get our hands on some?

Please respond either here or to my address (mdoherty at pop.niaid.nih.gov).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Mark