Sperm allergy

K.C. Baker mbkxb at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 07:55:16 EST 1996

Gregory R. Harriman (gregoryh at bcm.tmc.edu) wrote:
: In article <31CDD19E.5C62 at foto.infi.net>, Pete <jpete at foto.infi.net> wrote:

: > Does anyone have any information on allergies to sperm? My wife once saw
: > a show about it on "Donahue" of all places. Is she crazy or does this
: > actually exist? Please let me know where I can get more info.
: >
: > Thanks!

:      Although rare, it does exist.  A recent case report in in the June
: 1996 issue of the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.

A colleague of mine had a xerox of a letter to The Lancet pinned to his wall.
It discussed a clinical history of a patient (who ISTR was also the author) who
had developed an allergy to her husbands seminal plasma. The letter contained
the wonderful line "Prick tests proved negative..."

Dr Ken Baker                                     Internet:mbkxb at seqnet.dl.ac.uk
Department of Avian Immunology               BritishTelecomnet:(44) 1635 578411
BBSRC Institute for Animal Health                       Faxnet:(44) 1635 577263
Compton, Berks RG20 7NN                            ICBMnet: 51'26'43N 00'08'00W