Allergy or irritant response?

BBrid38 bbrid38 at aol.com
Wed Jun 19 13:06:58 EST 1996

I have a severe almost instant asthmatic reaction when exposed to a
specific chemical often found in fragrances and fragranced products.  My
allergist says it is an irritant response, not an allergy.  But other
irritants such as smoke, dust, chemicals, etc do not cause a problem and I
do not have asthma other than in response to this chemical.  Other
symptoms occur from 20 minutes to several hours after exposure .....
fatigue, puffiness of hands, and muscle /joint aches.

Can anyone give me an idea of what might be going on?


More information about the Immuno mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net