HY antigen and GvH reaxn
kirberg at nki.nl
Fri Mar 1 16:03:21 EST 1996
BTW - some selected reading if you like ...
1. Gordon, R.D., E. Simpson, and L.E. Samelson. 1975. In vitro
cell-mediated immune responses to the male specific(H-Y) antigen in mice.
J Exp Med.142:1108.
2. Gordon, R.D., and E. Simpson. 1977. Immune-response gene control of
cytotoxic T-cell responses to H-Y. Transplant Proc.9:885.
3. Gordon, R.D., L.E. Samelson, and E. Simpson. 1977. Selective response
to H-Y antigen by F1 female mice sensitized to F1 male cells. J Exp
4. von Boehmer, H., and W. Haas. 1979. Distinct Ir genes for helper and
killer cells in the cytotoxic response to H-Y antigen. J Exp Med.150:1134.
5. De Waal, L., J. De Hoop, M.J. Stukart, H. Gleichmann, R.W. Melvold, and
C.J. Melief. 1983. Nonresponsiveness to the male antigen H-Y in H-2
I-A-mutant B6.C-H-2bm12 is not caused by defective antigen presentation. J
6. Kast, W.M., W.L. de, and C.J. Melief. 1984. Thymus dictates major
histocompatibility complex (MHC) specificity and immune response gene
phenotype of class II MHC-restricted T cells but not of class I
MHC-restricted T cells. J Exp Med.160:1752.
7. Husmann, L.A., and M.J. Bevan. 1988. Cooperation between helper T cells
and cytotoxic T lymphocyte precursors. Ann N Y Acad Sci.532:158.
8. Boog, C.J., J. Boes, and C.J. Melief. 1988. Stimulation with dendritic
cells decreases or obviates the CD4+ helper cell requirement in cytotoxic
T lymphocyte responses. Eur J Immunol.18:219.
9. Rotzschke, O., K. Falk, H.J. Wallny, S. Faath, and H.G. Rammensee.
1990. Characterization of naturally occurring minor histocompatibility
peptides including H-4 and H-Y. Science.249:283.
10. Guerder, S., and P. Matzinger. 1992. A fail-safe mechanism for
maintaining self-tolerance. J Exp Med.176:553.
11. van der Vegt, F.P., and L.L. Johnson. 1993. Induction of long-term
H-Y-specific tolerance in female mice given male lymphoid cells while
transiently depleted of CD4+ or CD8+ T cells. J Exp Med.177:1587.
12. von Boehmer, H. 1995. Immunogenetics. Female anti-male attack.
More information about the Immuno