In article <4hhmoq$rr0 at madeline.INS.CWRU.Edu>, ncl at po.CWRU.Edu (Nicole C. Limpert) says:
>>> I am currently in the process of interviewing at several schools for PhD
>programs in Immunology or Molecular Biology. I am having a difficult time
>choosing a program and would greatly appreciate anyone's honest opinion on the
>>University of Utah Interdepartmental Molecular Biology Program
>>University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Immunology program
>>Oregon Health Sciences University Immunology program
As a PhD student , I will recommend you to investigate about these
1) Speak with the students in those departments or labs, they will tell you
about the problems.
2) How many students are under supervision of your supervisor?
Too many, decrease his supervision, and very few means that
i) The topics are not good OR
ii) Short of budget
3) Think about the topics they propose to you? Are you really like them?
4) Consider the social life, sport and computer facilities .... For next 3 to 5
years of your life you should live there.
5) The most important factor: MONEY
How much is their budget? The more, the better. nowadays, goverments
or charities only spend money on places, after evaluation of their
Good luck . OMID