Help with peptide motifs of HLA Classes

Ken Frauwirth BioKen frauwirt at bacillus.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 6 12:57:49 EST 1996

In article <gheavner.64.4B1011DB at>,
George A. Heavner <gheavner at> wrote:
>I am interested in scanning several protein sequences to determine if they
>contain known peptide motifs recognized by different HLA molecules.  Can
>anyone tell me if there are programs available that can do this and is there a
>database of identified peptide motifs?  PC-based programs are preferred but
>I have Mac or Unix machines as well.
>I appreciate any assistance that you can provide.
>George A. Heavner

I believe that Intelligenetics and GCG both have programs that can do pattern
searches in sequences.  We use the GCG program in the lab, but it is part of
a much bigger analysis program loaded on the departmental server (UNIX-

If you want a database of peptides and motifs, check out the WEHI gopher
site.  If you have Web access, you can go to:

Otherwise, you should be able to simply gopher to and maneuver
through the menus.

Ken Frauwirth (MiSTie #33025)                         _           _
DNRC Title: Chairman of Joint Commission on In-duh-vidual Affairs