Chicken IgG from Egg White, Info please?

Jeffrey Smoot jsmoot at
Wed May 29 10:47:14 EST 1996

Perhaps this will help.

Larry Winger wrote:
> Hi, just a wee quick posting, am looking for simple info on (probably)
> ammonium sulphate precipitation of chicken gamma globulin from egg white
> -- ie initial preparation of the egg white -- should I dialyse against PBS
> perhaps, or what is the initial approach involved to deal with the gungy
> goo?.
> Any quick comments back would be most appreciated;

> Larry.Winger at
> LarryWinger at
> law3 at    PGCE Secondary Science, Teacher Trainee,OU

Jeffrey Smoot
Chemical Abstract Services            Phone    614-447-3600 X3198
P.O. Box 3012                         E-mail   mailto: jsmoot at
Columbus, OH 43210                    WWW