Ian A. York
iayork at panix.com
Wed Nov 20 16:43:10 EST 1996
In article <your.name.107.329369DB at news-stand.acs.ohio-state.edu>,
<your.name at news-stand.acs.ohio-state.edu> wrote:
>A group of NEO-NAZIS are trying to form a newsgroup on Usenet called
>"rec.music.white-power", so that they can get their message of hate out
Oh, for Christ's sake. This vote was over months ago. The white-power
group lost. The whole thing was a complete shambles, mainly because
idiots who didn't have the foggiest idea what they were talking about
(like you) felt it was up to them to save the world. The whole sorry tale
is spelled out at <http://www.jcn18.com/news/cfv-fail.htm>.
In the future, remember -
(1) When you don't know what you're talking about, you should just shut
(2) Never, ever, ever forward anything that you're told to forward widely.
It's almost certainly a waste of time.
(3) Never, ever, ever forward anything that doesn't have an expiry date
on it. There are pieces of mail being solemnly bounced around by
clueless newbies which are literally years out of date.
(4) When you don't know what you're talking about, shut up and stop
wasting everybody's time.
(5) Learn some responsibility. Don't just credulously accept what you're
told. Check thngs out for yourself.
(6) Learn some responsibility. What you just called for was vote fraud.
Check out the URL I pointed you to above and learn why.
(7) Learn some responsiblity. Smug and well-meaning buffoons like you
made the lives of everyone remotely associated with the vote -
including the 'good guys' - a living hell. See the URL I point to
above, for the chaos the vote taker went through.
(8) Learn some sense of proportion. There are millions of people on the
web. What makes you think you're so special that it's up to you to
save the world -and in your first four days on the net, to boot.
(9) When you don't know what you're talking about, just shut up.
(10) Show some responsiblity. If you've e-mailed this outdated crap,
follow up and correct yourself. Try to limit the damage you're
(11) Learn about posting to appropriate newsgroups. Even if this message
was for real, it does not belong in bionet.immunology. Despite your
sense of self-importance, your lightest utterances are not of
interest to everybody in the world.
(12) Configure your news reader properly. You have destroyed your return
(13) When you don't know what you're talking about, keep quiet.
Ian York (iayork at panix.com) <http://www.panix.com/~iayork/>
"-but as he was a York, I am rather inclined to suppose him a
very respectable Man." -Jane Austen, The History of England
More information about the Immuno