Vero Cell Vaccines

Edward Vipas EPV1 at le.ac.uk
Thu Nov 28 11:19:45 EST 1996

I have been asked to take part in a vaccine trial to assess the safety
and efficacy of a new type of flu vaccine using a vero cell as the
growth medium rather than the traditional hens egg.

I am a medical student so I understand most of the implications of this
but there are some things that I have been unable to find out about.
Firstly what is a vero cell? Secondly this appears a perfectly
reasonable trial to me, would anyone who knows more than me care to
comment?

Thankyou

Edward Vipas