MS??

John King johnkate at indigo.ie
Sun Oct 6 14:39:06 EST 1996

My friend's father has had multiple sclerosis for some time.  His motor
skills improved after taking deprenyl, the drug used in Parkinsons
disease.  He felt stronger and could move around better.  Yet, despite
the improvements his right foot dragged while walking.  This happened
for five years - until three days after 50 mgs/day of DHEA.  I do not
feel that this improvement was mentally induced nor do I believe that he
it was mere remission.  What do you think.

I have read that deprenyl keeps dopamine intact for a longer period of
time in regions of the brain concerned with motor coordination.  Could
this drug have "boosted the voltage" of the neurons so that
communication was possible despite the leaking due to demyelination?
Why would DHEA help.  I have read that it is a hormone produced by the
adrenal gland.  This hormone in males converts into testosterone.
Testosterone may inhibit the immune system at least and therefore lower
the amount of active autoimmunity.  But why has he gained strength and
abilities enough to walk normally for THE FIRST TIME IN FIVE YEARS.  Any
comments would be appreciated.

Also, would someone please tell me where I could post this information
to researchers for Multiple Sclerosis

Than you, John King - second year student at Royal College of Surgeons