Resume: PhD in Mol.Biol. or Mol.Immunol.

Gratchev Alexei alexei at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 8 14:50:56 EST 1996

Dear Colleagues,
	I`m pleased to introduce my former collaborator Ella Samoylova. She
just finisched her Ph.D. and now looking for Ph.D. position in United
States, Canada or Europe.
	Here I inclosed her CV and cover letter unfortunately it is not the
last version. There should be two or three more short communications,
review on
papillomaviruses (submitted) and one or two more papers (also
submitted).
	I will be happy to help you to communicate with Ella, because she
doesn`t have her own E-mail address.
	If you need any additional information, please contact me and I’ll be
glad to help you.
	With best regards,

Alexei Gratchev

Abt. Gastroenterologie, AG Prof. Hanski,
Universitatklinikum Benjamin Franklin,
Hindenburgdamm 30,
12200 Berlin, GERMANY.
Tel: +49 030 8445-2496
E-mail: alexei at zedat.fu-berlin.de

	To whom it may concern.
	This letter is to consider me as a candidate for a PhD position in your
lab.
	I started my career in Molecular biology as a PhD student in the
Institute of Carcinogenesis, Moscow Cancer Research Centre. During my
work I investigate different molecular markers in tumour and normal
tissue of patients with cervical cancer.
	First of all Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) presence was analysed using
Southern blot and PCR with type specific and consensus primers
(E.Samoylova, A.Gratchov, S.Petrov, G.Shaikhaiev. Consensus and type
specific amplification in studying of HPV infection in women with
cervical cancer in Russia. Book of Abstr. of 2nd Intern.Congress of
Papillomavirus in Human Pathology, Paris, France, 112, 1994;
E.Samoylova, G.Shaikhaiev, S.V.Petrov, N.Kisseljova and F.Kisseljov. HPV
infection in cervical cancer cases in Russia. International Journal of
Cancer, 61, 337-341, 1995). Next, physical state of HPV DNA was
analysed, using Southern blot (E.Samoylova, G.Shaikhaiev, S.V.Petrov,
N.Kisseljova and F.Kisseljov. HPV infection in cervical cancer cases in
Russia. International Journal of Cancer, 61, 337-341, 1995). Expression
of viral mRNA was analysed, using Northern blot (PhD thesis). Two
markers of genomic instability were analysed: minisatellites in Ha-ras
by RFLP (PhD thesis) and microsatellites in TNF alpha, using two step
PCR (Samoylova E.V., Petrov S.V., Kozachenko V.P., Tupitsin N.N.,
Gratchev A.N., Kisseljov F.L., TNFa microsatellite allelic frequency and
allelic imbalance in patients with cervical cancer. Second International
Conference „AIDS, Cancer and related problems.“ St.Petersburg, Russia,
1996). Our collaboraters from UK showed, that only wild type p53 present
in some specimens of tumour tissue. This data were confermed by
immunoprecipitation and immunoblotting (PhD thesis). And last, MHC class
I and II molecules expression was analysed by immunohistochemistry
(Samoylova E.V., Petrov S.V., Kozachenko V.P., Tupitsin N.N., Gratchev
A.N., Kisseljov F.L., TNFa microsatellite allelic frequency and allelic
imbalance in patients with cervical cancer. Second International
Conference „AIDS, Cancer and related problems.“ St.Petersburg, Russia,
1996). Review on papillomaviruses prepared for publication and submitted
to Molecular Biology (Russian).
	At the moment I should like to change my place of work, and possibly
field of research. Otherwise molecular alterations during tumour
development and progression are still interesting for me. I`m interested
in signal transduction and expression regulation in normal and tumour
cells. Also molecular immunology of cancer is interesting for me.
Unfortunately at the moment I can not add missed publications to my CV,
I’ll tra to do it in the nearest future. If you need any additional
info, please, contact Dr.Gratchev, it`s the fastest way to communicate
with me.
	With best regards, Ella.

CURRICULUM VITAE

NAME: Samoylova 		FIRST NAMES: Ella Vladimirovna

DATE AND PLACE OF BIRTH: December, 31, 1961, Arkchangelsk, Russia.

CITIZENSHIP: Russia

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
1986 - M.Med. (Medicine)
1992 - M.D. (Physician)
1996 - Ph.D. (Experimental Oncology)

EDUCATION:
1980 - 1986 - student, State Medical Academy, Archangelsk, Russia.
1990 - 1992 - post-graduater-ordinator, Department of Hospital`s
Therapy, Arkhangelsk State Medical Academy, Russia (Therapy).
1992 - 1996 (V) - post-graduater, Dept. of Tumour Transforming Genes,
Cancer Research Centre, Moscow, Russia (Experimental oncology).

AWARDS:
Diploma with high distiction from Archangelsk State Medical Academy.

EMPLOYMENT:
1987 - doctor in turn, Municipal Hospital, Department of Faculty`s
Therapy, State Medical Academy, Arkhangelsk, Russia (Therapy).
1987 - 1990 - cardiologist, Department of cardiology in Regional
Hospital, Arkhangelsk, Russia.

RESULTS OF OWN RESEARCH were presented at the Conference:
1994 - 2nd International Congress of Papillomavirus on Human Pathology,
Paris, France; at the 14 International Papillomavirus Conference,
Quebec, Canada, 1995;

MAILING ADDRESS: Karl-Fischer-Weg 2, App 805, Berlin 12169, Germany.

BIBLIOGRAFIC REFERENCES

1.E.Samoylova, A.Gratchov, S.Petrov, G.Shaikhaiev. Consensus and type
specific amplification in studying of HPV infection in women with
cervical cancer in Russia. Book of Abstr. of 2nd Intern.Congress of
Papillomavirus in Human Pathology, Paris, France, 112, 1994.

2.E.Samoylova, G.Shaikhaiev, S.V.Petrov, N.Kisseljova and F.Kisseljov.
HPV infection in cervical cancer cases in Russia. International Journal
of Cancer, 61, 337-341, 1995.

3.F.Kisseljov, E.Samoylova, L.Semjonova, V.Kozachenko, M.Kozachenko,
E.Makarov, N.Kisseljova. HPV infection in patients from Russia with
cervical lesions and tumors. 14 International Papillomavirus Conference,
Quebec, Canada, 1995.

4. Samoylova E.V., Petrov S.V., Kozachenko V.P., Tupitsin N.N., Gratchev
A.N., Kisseljov F.L., TNFa microsatellite allelic frequency and allelic
imbalance in patients with cervical cancer. Second International
Conference „AIDS, Cancer and related problems.“ St.Petersburg, Russia,
1996.

REFERENCES:

Prof.Alexander G. Tatosyan
Dept. of Tumour Transforming Genes,
Cancer Research Centre, Kashirskoye sh., 24, Moscow, 115478, Russia.
Tel: (095) 324-1764
FAX: (095) 324-1205
E-mail: oncogene at glas.apc.org

Dr. Olga A.Mizenina
Dept. of Tumour Transforming Genes,
Cancer Research Centre, Kashirskoye sh., 24, Moscow,115478, Russia.
Tel: (095) 324-1764
FAX: (095) 324-1205

Dr. Oleg A.Pavlish, Ph.D.,
Laboratory of Viral Carcinogenesis,
Cancer Research Centre,
Kashirskoye sh., 24, Moscow,115478, Russia.
Tel: (095) 323-5755
FAX: (095) 324-1205
E-mail: gurtsevitch at glas.apc.org