RAG locus in mice

Josiah Wedgwood wedgwood at msvax.mssm.edu
Sat Oct 12 01:18:13 EST 1996

You have all the information you need.  The location of the introns is
usually conserved and for your purposes the exact sequence is
irrelevant. I would encourage you to use conserved sequences across
several species on two different exons.  This avoids problems of
mistakes in sequences in the database or use of a different strain of
mouse.  If you want to prove that your primers span and intron, then run
the PCR on genomic DNA, but use a long extension time because the
product you produce may be very large.

Josiah Wedgwood
Mount Sinai School of Medicine