Free WEB service to Research Authors

Jim Smith smithjw at fhs.mcmaster.com
Wed Oct 16 19:20:37 EST 1996

Dawn Capp <dmc2115 at tam2000.tamu.edu> wrote in article
<325A63CE.8C8 at tam2000.tamu.edu>...
> Capp Scientific offers a free WEB service to research authors who have
> difficulty getting their work published in scientific journals.

I find it insulting that Dawn Capp would offer to publish articles which
had been rejected by peer-reviewed scientific journals on a web site that
had the word "science" printed anywhere on it.   Journals must employ a
peer-review process in order to assure themselves, their readers, and
possibly more importantly, the NON-scientific community ie. the media, etc.
that what is published is as close to the truth as possible in light of
today's knowledge.   Any scientist worth his buffer expects to have his
works rejected or criticized.  This is probably the most important part of
the scientific process!
No "scientist" would have his/her work "published" on such a page as
suggested by Dawn Capp.   It would lead to erroneous, false, and misleading
information being placed into the hands of people who would not have the
background or skills to evaluate it.   No article that has been repeatedly
rejected by peer-reviewed journals deserves to be published under the
heading "science", no matter how important the author might think it to be.
    Jim