PhD studentship

Jean-Sebastien Cleiftie cleiftie at
Tue Oct 15 16:30:59 EST 1996

I'm a french student in school of Pharmacy and I'll graduate this year.
One of my majors is Immunology and I planned to go to my
military service)in the USA.
A friend of mine told me that it could be more interesting to go to
England and get a Phd over there,and then go to the States for a post-doc.
 . In effect, he told me that I could get a Phd in about 3 years in
England (vs 5 years in the States).Is that true?
 What are the requirements (GRE-like tests,TOEFL)in order to be enrolled?
Thanks for your time.