Web publishing ...

Cindy Brunner brunncj at vetmed.auburn.edu
Fri Oct 18 11:45:25 EST 1996

[material about publishing unpublishable material on the Internet was
snipped..].  During a discussion with my undergraduate
immunology class today, I mentioned the limitations of textbooks as
sources of "current" scientific information.  When I asked where one
might go to obtain more recent information, several students replied,
"The Internet."  As far as they're concerned, libraries and journals are
obsolete already.  Unfortunately, they don't realize that libraries and
journals have not been replaced with anything of comparable value to the
scientist.

Cindy Brunner