HLA-DR alpha chain and polymorphism

Dr. Bernhard Kleine bkleine at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Oct 21 08:37:58 EST 1996

In message <9610181556.AA03284 at afrodita.faces.ula.ve> - salmen at ciens.ula.ve18
Oct 1996 09:11:43 -0700 writes:
:>
:>Hi
:>I am wondering about the polymorphism of the HLA-DR alpha chain, if there
:>is any polymorphism at all. Can any one help me in this subject, because
:>I found some evidence in one paper published in J Immunol 1995; 155:5655-62
:>and J Immunol 1995;155:1210-17.
:>Thanks
:>Siham Salmen
:>Post-graduate student in Immunology.
:>
IMHO There are two known alleles for the HLA-DRA gene. This information has
been obtained from a new german immunological textbook (Medical immunology ed.
H. Baenkler)
Whether the aminoacid exchange touches the peptide binding groove or belongs
to those amino acids responsible for the TCR binding I donot know.

Bernhard Kleine