Poitical abuses in national research authority

Matt Jones jonesmat at ohsu.edu
Tue Oct 22 12:48:02 EST 1996

In article <54fhps$pfs at falcon.le.ac.uk> Dr E. Buxbaum, EB15 at le.ac.uk
writes:
>Other than that, you only amplify my point: there are already enough
>dangerous and addictive substances around, so lets be carefull in
>introducing new ones.

Right. Let's review:

First you said:

Then, I said:

writes:
>That it can cause psychological dependency is by now widely accepted
>(note that "can" does not mean "will in every case"). The interesting
bit
>is the physical addiction caused in very high doses. This was observed
in
>certain asian countries, which virtually dried up the heroin market

<long non-referenced anecdote omitted>

And now, I repeat:
>Dr. Buxbaum,
>
>Would you mind providing citations to support your statement that
>marijuana is addictive?

When I asked for citations, what I meant was a pointer to some public
archive of research findings (like a scientific journal), that everyone
can go look up, rather than having to take your statements at face value
without any critical consideration.

Thank you,
Matt