Help: Mouse Dendritic Cells preparation

iddavis at iddavis at
Fri Oct 25 11:17:44 EST 1996

In article <54qk86$am at>,
mohan_natesan at (Mohan) writes:

> 1. Can someone suggest a method which will yield respectable yields?

Mohan, why don't you try bone-marrow derived DCs?  Easily cultured in large
numbers.  Look at Mayordomo JI et al, Nature Medicine.  1(12):1297-302, 1995
for methods and references.

> 2. Also how many DC needed to be added to see some IL-2/IFN production
> by T cells (for 1x10 5 T cells) ?

It depends on your experimental situation.  Be aware that adding too many
DCs is A Bad Thing and will decrease readouts such as MLR.  I wouldn't go
above a DC:T cell ratio of 1:4 at the most.

Hope this helps.

Ian Davis					iddavis at
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute