Visualising Large Proteins

J Doog jd at mesher.cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 05:36:11 EST 1996

Dear Reader

I am trying to study the expression of a protein whose mass is
approximately 290 kDa. As it is so large, visualisation on an
SDS-polyacrylamide gel followed by Western blotting has proved difficult.
The highest marker in the range is 'only' 200kD, which means that I am
unable to confirm the size of bands which I see. Bands which may indicate
that expression is occuring remain in the stacking gel. Have you ever
tried to do something similar, and if so do you have any advice?

Thank you in advance
James Good

e-mail : jsg at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk