Looking for PhD student position

Ljuba Shatkina shatkina at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su
Fri Apr 11 19:57:46 EST 1997

To whom it may concern,
	My name is Shatkina Ljuba.  In 1995 I graduated from the  Moscow State
University (Biophysical Department, Physical School). My diploma project
consisted  of  the  study  of  activity  of  Influenza   Virus
polimerase dependent  on  pH  in  vitro.  I performed this research at
the Ivanovsky Institute of  Virology  (Moscow).  Now  I  work  at  the
Institute of  Theoretical  &  Experimental  Biophysics  of the Russian
Academy of Sciences (Pushchino). My current research is concerned with
the regulation  of  gene  expression  in  tissues  of irradiated mice.
During my work I studied basic cell  culture  techniques, comet assay,
nucleic asids isolation and purification, Southern and Northern blot
analysis,  thin layer chromatography, PCR, molecular cloning, working
with mice and isolation of organs.
	At the moment I am looking for a PhD student position in the field of
molecular bilogy. I hope you will accept this letter as an application.
      Please find my CV and deploma sertificate enclosed.
      Thank you for considering my application in advance.

                        Sincerely yours,

                                             Ljuba Shatkina

CURRICULUM VITAE

Name: Ljuba Shatkina

Address: Institute of Theoretical & Experimental Biophysics, Russian
Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow region, 142 292
FAX: 7-096-779-0553
Phone: 7-096-773-1886
e-mail: shatkina at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su

Personal: Born in July 4, 1972, Saratov, Russia (former USSR)

Education: 1989-1995 - Student of Physical Department of Lomonosov
Moscow State University (MS in Biophysics, 1995)

Professional employment:

1994-II.1995 - Research Technichian, Ivanovsky Institute of Virology, 16
Gamaleya, Moscow, Russia.
III.1995-Present - Ph.D. Student, Institute of Theoretical &
Experimental Biophysics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Pushchino, Moscow
region, Russia.

Research Experience:

1994-1995  Project title: The molecular Mechanisms of Influenza Virus
Pathogenesis (Supervisor Dr. Oleg Zhirnov)

III.1995-Present - Project title: Gene Expression in Tissues of
Irradiated Mice (Supervisors: Dr. A.I.Gaziev, Dr. Tatiana Ushakova).

  1. Prof. Gaziev A.I., DSc., head of the Lab of Molecular Radiobiology,
Institute of Theoretical & Experimental Biophysics, RAS, Pushchino,
Moscow region
Tel: 7-096-773-1886
FAX: 7-095-924-0393
E-mail: gaziev at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su

  2. Dr. Shnoll S.E., prof. of Biophysical Department, Lomonosov
University at Moscow, School pf Physics, Head of lab. of Physical
Biochemistry, I.T.E.B. RAS, Pushchino, Moscow region, Member of Russian
Academy of Natural Science
Tel: 7-095-923-9668 additional 261
E-mail: shnoll at venus.iteb.serpukhov.su

  3. Prof. Vsevolod A. Tverdislov, DSc., Head of the Department of
Biophysics, School of Physics, Lomonosov University at Moscow; Phone:
7-095-939-1687
FAX: 7-095-939-1195
E-mail:  tverd at bio.phys.msu.su
            tverd at bio522b.phys.msu.su

Graduate record.

Social and political history                   	5
Ethics and aesthetics                          	Passed
German                                         	Passed
Philosophy                                     	5
World history and culture                      	4
Humanitarian disciplines                       	Passed
Economic theory                                	5
Phisical culture                               	Passed
Analitical geometry and algebra               	5
Introduction into experimental
 technique...                                  	Passed
Differential and integral equations            	4
History of physics                             	Passed
Quant theory                                   	5
Lab of specialization                          	Passed
Mathimatical analysis                          	4
Atomic physics                                 	5
Mechanics                                      	4
Molecular physics                              	5
Optics                                         	5
Electricity                                    	5
Nuclear physics                                	5
General physical practicum                     	Passed
Ecm practicum                                  	Passed
Radiophysics                                   	4
Practicum on radioelectronics                  	Passed
Automation of experiment                       	Passed
Special physical practicum                     	Passed
Mathimatical statistics                        	4
Theory of complex variable value function 		4
Thermodynemics                                 	5
Methods of mathimatical physics             		4
Numeral methods in physics                     	5
Electrodynamics                                	3
Physics of condensed state                     	5
Theoretical mechanics                          	5
Specialization disciplines

Practises

Industrial practice                            	5

Special courses

Optical and magnetic properties of molecule    	5
Biochemistry                                   	5
General biology                                	5
Physical chemistry                             	5
Physiology                                     	5
Quant chemistry                                	5
Physics of biopolimers                         	5

Diploma project on theme:
The study of activity of Influenza Virus A/Aiche polimerase dependent on
pH in vitro                         	5