ELISA sensitivity

Jared Head bijgh at zeus.bris.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 04:57:06 EST 1997

Forgive my asking a question which is probably answered in loads of papers
- I don't know where to look - but what's the smallest amount of protein
that a simple ELISA (primary antibody and secondary antibody) can detect?
Obviously I don't expect an exact answer (though that would be nice!) but
if someone could give me a clue as to the order that would be very

Thanks in advance,

Jared Head     at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
     history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
                                                   Mitch Ratliffe