suggested diagnoses please>?????????

Administrador de postmast at
Fri Aug 29 21:24:06 EST 1997

>It sounds to me like your doctor is trying to confirm or rule out a
>diagnosis of Systemic Lupus Erythematosis (SLE). By "anca test" I assume
>you mean ANA or anti-nuclear anitibody test.

Actually, "ANCA" stands for "antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody".  It's
classified in C-ANCA (antibody against neutrophil serine protease) which is
mainly found in Wegener's granulomatosis, and P-ANCA (against myeloperoxidase),
mainly found in microscopic polyarteritis, Churg-Strauss syndrome and several
other vasculitides.  I couldn't tell for sure, but I don't think it was
found in SLE...

> Playing physician or diagnostician over the web is extremely dangerous

Couldn't agree more.

Facundo Garcia Bournissen.
postmast at