College info.

Scott Wilcoxen scwilcox at uci.edu
Mon Feb 3 22:09:54 EST 1997

Dear MsNetsirk,
	I hope that I can shed a bit of light on your topic.  I am a Senior at the
University of California.  I am a Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
student who is graduating this spring with my Bachelor's degree.  I, like
you, am interested also in Immunology, and I plan on making it my career.
	First of all, I do not know of many universities that offer Bachelor's
degrees in Immuno just because of the advanced nature of that science.  I
am a senior, and I am just now taking my first Immuno class.  If you wanted
to, I would look up universities on the web that you are interested in and
see which degrees they offer.
	From my experience Immunology is a graduate program usually, but I could
be wrong.  So my advice to you is to go to the best school that you can get
into that has a strong Biological Science program and if you are really
interested, then major in Biochem, Cell Bio, Molecular Bio, Microbiology,
or general bio and look for Immunology as a possible graduate program.
Feel free to write me if you have any questions.

Scott
scwilcox at uci.edu