Postdoc Salaries

Robin Blumenthal robinb at bu.edu
Fri Feb 7 17:34:14 EST 1997

Hi Allen,

Sorry to say but this is also what I have heard to be true.  I do know that
myself and several others starting post-docs this year have salaries about 4-
6 thousand dollars higher.

18-20 doesn't sound all that badly to a US grad student with a stipend of
$13,000!

Good luck to you!

Robin Blumenthal

Allen Black (mdcabl at cc.newcastle.edu.au) wrote:
: Hi all,
: I am starting the painful process of finding a "good" postdoc. I was told
: that the current going rate for a US Postdoctoral salary on an NIH
: grant/fellowship was $18K-$20K. This sounded a bit low to me. Does anyone
: know what the standard NIH Postdoc salary is and could you please point me
: toward a reference? I want to be able to negotiate something higher if I
: can. Boy this is fun.
: Cheers,
: Allen

: --