Peroxidase vs. Phosphatase

Ken Frauwirth BioKen frauwirt at mendel.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Feb 19 12:20:00 EST 1997

In article <E5utnE.AvB at>,
Jared Head <bijgh at> wrote:
>I'm about to buy a conjugate for doing ELISA's with, and I have the
>choice of alkaline phosphatase or horseradish peroxidase.  We are set up
>to do assays with either, and they both cost the same, so I can't make up
>my mind which to buy.
>Can anybody tell me the advantantages (or disadvantages) of the two systems?

Well, one advantage of HRP is that you can use the same enzyme-linked secondary
antibody for chemiluminescent Westerns.

Ken Frauwirth (MiSTie #33025)                         _           _
DNRC Title: Chairman of Joint Commission on In-duh-vidual Affairs