Ankylosing Spondylitis

F. Frank LeFever flefever at
Tue Feb 18 22:47:55 EST 1997

In <5ecr67$5k8 at> cenogene at
Andronikos) writes:
>Can anyone provide me with a course of reseach on drugs and treatment
>modalities for this disease.  I'm looking for info beyond
>Anti-Inflammatory Agents and non-steroidal drugs.  Thanks

Before you give up entirely on NSAIDs, consider piroxicam (Feldene): it
is classified as an NSAID but has some unusual properties.
Indomethacin shares some but not all: e.g. different mode of action in

Experimental therapies for some disorders include clones of IL-1
natural antagonist; there is some evidence piroxicam may enhance
endogenous production.

It blocks some IL-1 behavioral effects NOT blocked by some other NSAIDs
(although admittedly they haven't all been tried in this arena).

Are you interested in "fatigue" in ank. spond.?

Frank LeFever
New York Neuropsychology Group