Peroxidase vs. Phosphatase

Jared Head bijgh at zeus.bris.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 09:30:50 EST 1997

Hi,

I'm about to buy a conjugate for doing ELISA's with, and I have the
choice of alkaline phosphatase or horseradish peroxidase.  We are set up
to do assays with either, and they both cost the same, so I can't make up
my mind which to buy.

Can anybody tell me the advantantages (or disadvantages) of the two systems?

Thanks very much,

Jared

--
Jared Head at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
     history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
                                                   Mitch Ratliffe