Peroxidase vs. Phosphatase

Jared Head bijgh at
Wed Feb 19 09:30:50 EST 1997

I'm about to buy a conjugate for doing ELISA's with, and I have the
choice of alkaline phosphatase or horseradish peroxidase.  We are set up
to do assays with either, and they both cost the same, so I can't make up
my mind which to buy.

Can anybody tell me the advantantages (or disadvantages) of the two systems?

Thanks very much,

Jared Head at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
     history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
                                                   Mitch Ratliffe