immunohistochemistry: L-selectin

Rachel Teitelbaum teitelba at aecom.yu.edu
Thu Feb 20 09:37:45 EST 1997

I have done a dilution experiment, but used as the lowest dilution 1:20.
I am using a secondary antibody, DAB is the readout.  I got staining of
what I think are lymphocytes in spleen, but only in the red pulp, and
don't know if this is "real" or not.  My negative control gave no
staining.  I thought that the lung sample would have some positives,
since its a mouse tissue that has had a respiratory infection.  These
were paraffin sections, with an antigen retrieval protocol, that has
worked for me in the past with other antibodies.  I can't use a FACS for
this.  Any advice?

Should I stick with frozen sections?  Has anyone else had success with
this antibody?

-Rachel