Peroxidase vs. Phosphatase

Bryan Kiehl b3748 at cts.com
Wed Feb 19 21:17:47 EST 1997

In most cases these are interchangable. We develop assays using both,
one in a microtiter format and one in a dipstick format. The
particular type of conjugate has never made a difference.

One slight advantage is that AP can be stabilized with sodium azide
while peroxidase requires less common stabilizers.

Good luck.