Food Phenolics

Achim Recktenwald, PhD achim at ibex.ca
Fri Feb 21 09:05:33 EST 1997

Steve Shapiro wrote:

> I have been living with the auto-immune condition known as Pemphigus
> for the last 2 years. Recently, I discovered that I am sensitive to
> specific Phenolic compounds (such as Gallic Acid), and by avoiding
> them, I can apperently effectively control this condition without
> medication.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with this?
>
> Steve Shapiro
> SShapiro at oregon.uoregon.edu

It might be interesting for you to have a look at the following two
books:

Chi-Tang Ho, et al (eds.) "Phenol Compounds in Food and Their Effects on
Health I"
ACS Symposium Series 506, American Chemical Society, Washington, 1992

Mou-Tuan Huang, et al (eds.) ""Phenol Compounds in Food and Their
Effects on Health II"
ACS Symposium Series 507, American Chemical Society, Washington, 1992

Achim

Achim Recktenwald, PhD
IBEX Technologies, Inc.
5485 rue Pare