Autoimmune Hepatitus

Richjansen richjansen at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 04:07:20 EST 1997

>I need information regarding autoimmune
>hepatitus. What causes it? I had  contracted a
>serious bout of Hep A last year. Could this have
>triggered  the autoimmune situation? What
>treatments are available? What is the role  of
>nutrition and exercise? What about homopathic and
>herbal treatments.  Any and all info would be
>appreciated. Thank you.

Autoimmune hepatitis is usually treated with steriods.  I am not sure
anybody can really say for sure how you got it.  I suppose your body'
immune system could have could have become *senstitized* to your liver
during your HAV infection.  Try Yahoo.com search for hepatitis and find
your way to sights that are specific to your needs if no one here can
answer your questions.