MD/PhD jobs in immunology

Jonathan Hecht jhecht at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 24 01:32:59 EST 1997

I am an MD/PhD student and just finished my PhD in molecular biology of
G-protein coupled receptors with respect to neurodevelopment.  I am now
back in medical school.  I am planning to go on for clinical training in
medicine, probably in the fields of either heme/onc or infectious disease.

Does anyone have any input into how people may develop a career
integrating medicine and biological research in the future?  The biggest
issue I face is that there does not seem to be enough time to be
competent in both areas.  I am sure there are many who have similar
interests to mine and would be interested in what people would say on
this issue.

Jonathan Hecht
jhecht at ucsd.edu