Elisa Background

Jared Head bijgh at zeus.bris.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 12:42:06 EST 1997

Hi,

Thanks to everybody for the help on peroxidase/phosphatases.  I thought
I'd try you out on my next problem!

I've just done a titration of secondary antibody against my antigen, to
characterise the non-specific binding.  When I added my colour substrate
(TMB in DMSO/citrate buffer) some of the wells that contained no
peroxidase conjugate gave a much larger colour change than the general
background.  Is this because I have somehow contaminated these wells with
secondary antibody/conjugate, or is there another explanation?

Thanks,

Jared

--
Jared Head     at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Bristol

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
     history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."
                                                   Mitch Ratliffe