CD4+/CD8+ depletion

Guy Hermans ghermans at
Thu Feb 27 03:25:12 EST 1997

In article <I.McFarlane-2602971533530001 at>,
I.McFarlane at (Ian McFarlane) wrote:

> I want to transfer a T cell subset , either CD4 or CD8 positive from one
> mouse to another. Have you any ideas as to how I can deplete one or both
> in vitro or in vivo.

just add CD4 or CD8 antisera and rabbit complement; exact protocols can be
found in virtually any manual. If you should want to split the populations
instead of ablating the non-wanted, check out panning, immunomagnetic
beads and affinity columns.

Have fun,

Guy Hermans, PhD student
  Ms research Unit              Immunology research group
  Dr. L. Willems-Institute      Dept. of Physiology, LUC
  University Campus             University Campus
  B-3590 Diepenbeek             B-3590 Diepenbeek
  Belgium                       Belgium
Voice  ++32(0)11/26.92.07
Fax    ++32(0)11/26.92.09