CD4+/CD8+ depletion

Guy Hermans ghermans at luc.ac.be
Thu Feb 27 03:25:12 EST 1997

In article <I.McFarlane-2602971533530001 at mac052034.lif.icnet.uk>,
I.McFarlane at icrf.icnet.uk (Ian McFarlane) wrote:

> I want to transfer a T cell subset , either CD4 or CD8 positive from one
> mouse to another. Have you any ideas as to how I can deplete one or both
> in vitro or in vivo.

Sure!

just add CD4 or CD8 antisera and rabbit complement; exact protocols can be
found in virtually any manual. If you should want to split the populations
instead of ablating the non-wanted, check out panning, immunomagnetic
beads and affinity columns.

Have fun,

--
Guy Hermans, PhD student
  Ms research Unit              Immunology research group