Life of immunostained slides?

Ken Frauwirth BioKen frauwirt at bacillus.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jan 11 16:08:48 EST 1997

In article <5b8if4$un at ccshst05.cs.uoguelph.ca>,
Jennifer V Robertson <jvrobert at uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>How long will the flourescence last on slides stained with FITC and
>TRITC conjugated antibodies? The slides are kept in sealed slide
>containers in the fridge.

While I am sure that this depends on the preservative/mounting medium used,
I have slides stained with FITC-conjugated antibodies that still have strong
fluorescence after over a year in a standard (not airtight) slide box at room
temp.  Some cover slips were mounted with Flourosave (Calbiochem), others
with Cytoseal 60 (Stephens Scientific, available through Fisher).

Ken
--
Ken Frauwirth (MiSTie #33025)                         _           _
frauwirt at mendel.berkeley.edu                         |_) *    |/ (_ |\ |