Life of immunostained slides?

raghavanpillai raju raju at mayo.edu
Sat Jan 11 21:19:21 EST 1997

Ken Frauwirth (BioKen) (frauwirt at bacillus.Berkeley.EDU) wrote:

: While I am sure that this depends on the preservative/mounting medium used,
: I have slides stained with FITC-conjugated antibodies that still have strong
: fluorescence after over a year in a standard (not airtight) slide box at

Persistence of fluorescence on unfixed tissue sections (FITC-labelled protein
A used) was for much shorter period. Could there be any difference between
fixed and unfixed tissues in the diappearence of flourescence?

Raju