mouse ab on mouse section

sunkdym at public.xa.sn.cn sunkdym at public.xa.sn.cn
Wed Jan 22 12:36:17 EST 1997

I am having the problem that I want to use a mouse antibody on mouse
cryostatsections. So I have to come back with a anti-mouse PO.
Are there any ways to overcome the background this will give????
Please e-mail me your suggestions.

Menno de Winther  mennow at ruly46.medfac.leidenuniv.nl

Dear menno de Winther:
The background was usually caused by the Fc receptor on mouse cell. so if you
use a mouse antibody on mouse cryostatsections, the antibody will bind to
cryostatsections by Fab to the antigen or by Fc to Fc receptor. I do not know
what kind of antibody you used, perhaps you could try to:
1.block the Fc receptor by rabbit serum if the background was not caused by B
cells on the cryostatsections (because B cells have membrane Ig). and
2.label your antibody directly with enzyme.

I hope these will improve it a lot.

wish you good luck in your experiment.
Sun Kai
e-mail:sunkdym at public.xa.sn.cn