5 sisters with autoimmune diseases

Pierre AUBINEAU pierre.aubineau at hippocrate.u-bordeaux2.fr
Tue Jan 28 07:44:41 EST 1997

RSommo <rsommo at aol.com> a écrit dans l'article
<19970128050701.AAA12838 at ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>  I am one of six sisters, who I will refer to as A - F, with A being the
>  oldest.  The sisters present the following illnesses:
>  A: Multiple Sclerosis, Systemic Lupus Er...(sp?), Hypothyroidism
>  B: Hypothyroidism, Mitral Valve Prolapse
>  C: Mitral Valve Prolapse
>  D: Insulin Dependent Diabetes, Hypothyroidism, and something that causes
>  her body to produce too much cortisone (can't remember the name.)
>  E: Rheumatoid Arthritis (onset at age 6), Systemic Lupus
>  F: Hypothyroidism
>
> Very interesting, thanks for the communication.
No, there is not the wrong forum.

I do not think in an autoimmune disease in the full sense of the term, but
rather in an inherited (genetic) neuro-immune disease (because the presence
of rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and lupus). As a researcher in
this field, I should be interested in knowing whether you or your sisters
also experience migraine headache or some related phenomena.

P. Aubineau, Ph. D.