graft and T8

UnK. Org. ip200115 at ip.pt
Mon Jan 27 22:44:45 EST 1997

I myself have questioned about that for a long time. The answer is in
molecular
alloreactivity (if you want to do some research)...

The fact is that the MHC molecules are diferent from one person to other..
but
are not THAT diferent. The main difference is in the aminoacid sequence of
the
groove in the MHC molecule. So the portion of the MHC that interacts with
the
TCR from T8 is the same. So T8 cells will attack the graft cause the
peptides
that are in the groove (usually endogenous peptides) are recognized as
antigen.

This explanation is probably not very correct. So please everybody... let's
try
to make it better. Thanks.

Bernardo F.

Marc Picart <marc.picart at hol.fr> wrote in article