graft and T8

UnK. Org. ip200115 at
Mon Jan 27 22:44:45 EST 1997

I myself have questioned about that for a long time. The answer is in
alloreactivity (if you want to do some research)...

The fact is that the MHC molecules are diferent from one person to other..
are not THAT diferent. The main difference is in the aminoacid sequence of
groove in the MHC molecule. So the portion of the MHC that interacts with
TCR from T8 is the same. So T8 cells will attack the graft cause the
that are in the groove (usually endogenous peptides) are recognized as

This explanation is probably not very correct. So please everybody... let's
to make it better. Thanks.

Bernardo F.

Marc Picart <marc.picart at> wrote in article
<19970125105129665732 at>...