IUBio

job-want

zjtangb zjtangb at PUB.ZHANJIANG.GD.CN
Sat Jul 12 09:06:26 EST 1997

Dept.of Microbiology & Immunology
Guangdong Medical College
Zhanjiang(524023), Guangdong
People's Republic of China

Oct.30, 1996

Professor Shoshana Levy
Department of Medicine
Division of Oncology Room M207
Stanford University School of Medicine
Stanford, CA94305
USA

My name is Tang Bin. I'm an associate professor of Immunology at Guangdong Medical College in Zhanjiang. I am writing to you to explore the possibility of spending one to two years working in your laboratory as a visiting scholar.

In 1992, I graduated from the Department of Microbiology & Immunology at Wannan Medical College with M.D. For four years after my graduation, I majored in clinical immunology and immunopharmacology. I have published more than 40 articles within these fields, and I have quite a bit of working and teaching experience in the research area which overlaps yours. I am confident of my ability to make a contribution, however small, to your ongoing research  projects. My College has granted me an extended leave of absence, which enables me to obtain research experience and interaction abroad.

Over the years I have read much about your work in the literature, and would very much appreciate an opportunity to work with you and your colleagues. I wish I could find words to express the importance of an appointment as a visiting scholar, for I know how I could learn, and how much China could gain from my working under your guidance. Please tell me whether or not you are in a position to offer me this opportunity. If convenient, please comment also on the possibility of my receiving any financial support.

If you need any other additional information concerning my background, please do not hesitate to contact  with me (my E-mail is: zjtangb at pub.zhanjiang.gd.cn). Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Tang Bin