Need help! for parisitic illness in Thailand

paris paris at merck.com
Mon Jun 9 12:18:52 EST 1997

> David J. Mike

I would also consider animal parasites in this case since it does happen
to be thailand. Have him also contact a veterinarian that may be able to
look into these parasites. Most parasites can also cross over into humans
and may have been entered through the GI tract (eaten) if he has GI
problems.

Have the doctors or vets consider nematodes such as Haemonchus,
Trichostrongylus, or Ostertagi which are common to Cattle. Since it
doesn't seem to be in his lungs I would rule out any dog or cat
parasites.

Anyway its a suggestion.
Paris

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.